Tips for enjoying Breath of the Wild for those who don't like open-world games

As someone with perfectionistic, completionistic, and OCD-like tendencies, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a nightmare. It's so overwhelming that it paralyzes me, and I cannot do anything. It is so directionless and full of freedom that I do not know where to start.

For people like me, I have found a way to enjoy the game, and that is to become obsessive. I believe that's how 'normal' people play this game. They get sidetracked by something and then they obsess about it for hours, not caring about the dread of wasting time or being time-efficient.

Find something you enjoy. For me, it's the combat. Although the breakable equipment discourages combat, I find the most joy in it, and so I try to enter combat whenever I passively happen upon it.

If you're a goal-oriented gamer like myself, set little goals for yourself instead of 'beating the game.' This can help, but there are so many goals one can set for oneself, that this too, quickly becomes overwhelming. The best way to enjoy the game is to pretend to have ADD and not worry about beating the game or judging yourself for 'wasting time.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101