Should developers stop designing games for utopian bubbles?

Sometimes, a developer will design games based around ideal situations in which their game should be played. For example, Nintendo often designs games for local multiplayer and completely ignores online multiplayer. PC-developers, on the other hand, often design games built around online co-op with voice-chat. These are the truly nerdy, PC-games that do not become mainstream.

Should these games stop being developed? Of course not. I just wish, from a standpoint of not having friends, nor possessing the desire to talk to strangers online, that more developers would think of us, the antisocial people that like playing videogames with and against strangers online without having to say a word.

Nothing turns me off to a game more than having to rely on other people to have fun, or to accomplish something in a game. This is why I stopped raiding in World of Warcraft, stopped doing arenas in WoW as well, and do not ever desire to become a competitive Splatoon-player, even though I totally would if I knew my teammates in real life.

I think some people have a higher tolerance for stress before cortisol kicks in; I don't. I have always had a low tolerance for stress, even as a child growing up.

Playing Ranked Battle in Splatoon made me angry, stressed, and upset. It was dumb to keep playing, and so I stopped.

If you can do these things without stress, more power to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101