Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101



Recently, I bought a Model 2 American Sega Saturn, but it came with a Model 1 controller. It was pretty good, but I liked the look of the Model 2 Japanese controller, and the d-pad seemed more comfortable.

After ordering one on ebay, and opening the package I later received, I was taken aback at how 'creamy' the controller looked. It didn't look like it had changed color, like old NESes, but it didn't look as white as I had imagined. Even the photo above looks whiter than it actually is.

The d-pad is better than the Model 1's, but not by too much. The face-buttons feel the same, but the Start-button is a big improvement. The biggest improvement comes in the form of the shoulder-buttons.


I don't think the actual internal switches have changed, but now you don't have to press the buttons on the rear of its plastic-shell to get them to actuate. In general, they feel and sound like mouse-buttons. You won't want to use them in action-games, but for occasional use for turning camera-angles and stuff like that, it's fantastic.

Overall, it's an improvement in every area, but the d-pad is not quite as legendary as the legends had me believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)