Tesoro Gram Spectrum Keyboard Review



This 'review' will be covering the White variant with Agile Blue Mechanical Switches, and I won't be going into technical depth, just how I personally feel about this.

When I first opened the box that contained the actual OEM-box for the keyboard itself, my heart dropped because on the box was a picture of a black keyboard. Fortunately, I could breathe a sigh of relief when I opened it to find the white keyboard I had purchased.

One of the first things I noticed was how heavy the keyboard was. This is by far the heaviest keyboard I have ever owned, and that's a good thing. It probably means it's high-quality.

Another thing that delighted me was the USB-cable. It is the best braided cable I have ever laid my hands on. It's thick, soft, light, and bends fairly easily.

The Tesoro Gram Spectrum (TSG) is my first foray into mechanical keyboards, if you don't include the old keyboards from the '90s, and I love it. I picked it because it was white, with blue switches. The red switches were backordered on Amazon, and rather than wait for those, I decided I was going to get this, because I'd rather see blue switches underneath the keycaps.

One of the main things that pushed me to pull the trigger on getting a mechanical keyboard was Frozen Sorrow, a twitch-streamer. I liked the subtle clickity clackety sounds her Razer Blackwidow keyboard made as she was playing World of Warcraft. It was charming and endearing. I wanted to be like her.


Blue lights on white electronics is my favorite aesthetic. From the glacier-white PS4, to my Corsair 380T case, my white Wii U, to my 'new' 3DS, I have actively been searching for and purchasing products like this, and this was just the next one.

As far as typing is concerned, it's an acquired taste. I do have to use slightly more force than my previous white Microsoft-keyboard with membrane-switches, but the feel and sound of the keyboard make up for that. It's a visceral pleasure - mechanical keyboards are. They're certainly not necessary but a nice little slice of luxury.

Typing has been an adjustment, but I've been getting used to it. To jump in World of Warcraft, for example, I have to push the spacebar a little bit more to get that clicky sound and the key to actuate. It's been a slight mental and physical adjustment, but nothing I won't be able to get used to.


Like many YouTube-reviewers have said, the software leaves something to be desired. I couldn't figure out how to do per-key illumination until I watched Joanne Tech Lover's video about another Tesoro-keyboard. You have to go into Lighting Effects, and then Spectrum Colors, and from there, you can click an individual key and change its color.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who likes the Apple-like white aesthetic, and games occasionally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101