Breath of the Wild discourages combat with breakable equipment

As many people know by now, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild features breakable equipment. This is a shame because combat is my favorite part of the game. So basically the game is discouraging me from participating in the part of the game that I find the most enjoyable, and that is definitely a problem I'm having to overcome.

Having breakable equipment makes the game feel much less like an RPG, where your avatar continues to grow in power, and much more like a survival-game. This is what they were probably going for, and I don't like it.

I have gone back to playing World of Warcraft because there is a clear feeling of progression there, whereas I've supposedly spent over 40 hours in BotW but I feel like I haven't accomplished anything or have had much fun at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101