"Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap" First Impressions

The first thing I noticed was the beautiful new graphics. It really looks and animates well. If you compare it to Ultra Street Fighter II, that game has very few frames of animation so the increased resolution makes the game look exponentially choppier and more like a Flash-animation. Wonder Boy, on the other hand, animates very smoothly, and it looks more like a cartoon than a Flash-animation.

I tried one of the games in the series before, and I didn't like it then, and I do not really find this game fun now. It's a very basic game. You walk around and hit monsters, collect money, buy stuff, find keys, open doors, and explore new areas. I'm not criticizing the game because it was designed decades ago, but some games from the same era are still fun to me, like Super Mario Bros., Mega Man, and Castlevania. This game is just too basic for me, personally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101