Things physical-game collectors say or do

1. "If my internet goes out, I still have my physical game."

If my internet goes out, my digital game is still physically on my hard-drive or SD-card. I can still play that game. In fact, it will probably last longer on an HDD or SD-card than a disc, but maybe not a cartridge.

2. "I like having a shelf full of games to look at."

I do, too, but not everyone has a big house with tons of space. I also don't like having to physically remove and insert a game into a system to play it. It's annoying, and more prone to failure than having them all selectable in a digital menu.

3. Physical-game collectors will buy a game just because it's physical, even if they do not particularly want to play it, just because it is 'collectible,' or will become rare.

This is what a lot of people do. They probably would not buy some indie-game if it was digital-only, but if, for example, Limited Run Games prints a game, they will rush to their keyboards to pre-order that game. This clearly indicates a greater fetishizing of possessing physical games, rather than playing the games themselves. It's far easier to buy a game, than to play a game. Games take hours to beat. They require you to learn new things, and as you get older, it gets tiresome; I understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101