Are Nintendo-gamers really mostly adults?

It is true that most children do not play mostly on Nintendo-systems, like they used to in the US in the '80s and '90s, but that doesn't mean that the majority of users on Nintendo-systems are not children.

I see evidence of this when I play online games like Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon. In Smash, there are things called Taunt Parties, where three people will gang up on one person. They will get that person to quit the game, but the three bullies remain, while another unsuspecting victim joins the lobby. I can't imagine adults participating in such an activity.

In Splatoon, there are things called Squid Parties, where players will just stay in one place and rapidly jump and turn into squid-form over and over again. Thankfully, three people can't gang up on one person in Splatoon.

I used to play multiplayer games online on PC. When I did, thinking back, there was a higher level of maturity there. The most egregious form of immaturity I witnessed on PC was that of rage, but never was I ganged-up on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101