I love the NPCs in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I have written many negative things about BotW, but it's time to lay down the things I like.

I love the NPCs in the game. I love helping them with their problems. It reminds of Animal Crossing, but in a huge, open world. I love how it alleviates the loneliness that permates most of the game. Most of the time, you are exploring the world by yourself, but when you enter a bustling town and music starts, children are running around, and NPCs are on their daily routines, you don't feel lonely anymore. This is an overused term, but the game feels like a "living, breathing world."

The NPCs also have a lot of character-quirks, and personality. There are a lot of NPCs, and they don't feel generic. Even guards who just stand in one spot have little backstories to them. It is a nice touch by Nintendo; they really go ham on the details.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101