How to pronounce Hearthstone, Impressions of Binding of Isaac (Switch) and Has-Been Heroes (Switch)

How To Pronounce Hearthstone

Hearthstone is a popular card-game that is rumored to being ported to Nintendo Switch, and it is often pronounced incorrectly.

The 'hearth' in hearthstone is pronounced like 'heart' but with a 'th' sound at the end, or like Marth with an 'h' at the beginning. Dictionary.com, Merriam-Webster

Impressions of Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on Nintendo Switch

I had an unpleasant trip to Target in which two employees were standing in front of an open display-case. I picked up a copy of Binding of Isaac, and then immediately one of the employees nervously half-smiled and took it from my grasp and back into the case, only to take it out a minute later and have the other employee ring it up for me.

That was just nonsense, pure idiocy and control-freakiness. Instead of handling it constructively, he handled it defensively, treating me like I was a shoplifter. I'm never shopping at Target again. I even paid more than I should have. I should have ordered from Best Buy for the Gamer's Club discount, or waited a month for Amazon to restock.

The game itself is still as good as it was. I am repulsed by, depressed by, and kind of fearful of its dark humor that mixes childlike innocence with hellish sounds and art-direction, but I appreciate the design of the game; it is addictive. After more attempts than I would have liked, I defeated the final boss. I await Enter the Gungeon next.

Impressions of Has-Been Heroes on Nintendo Switch

Other than its steep difficulty-curve, I think this is a good game. It's like any other roguelike I have played, like FTL. You can choose a path through a level, fight enemies, earn money, and find items. The thing is, I have yet to beat the first level after the Prologue. If I had more free time and less games, I would definitely try to learn this game and dig deeper into it. Slowly over time, I will probably play it for little bits at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101