Other than fun

Sometimes, I crave something other than fun. Nintendo is the best at making fun games, but they are not experienced at creating games that are not fun, but equally enjoyable, given the correct mindset.

The Last Guardian was the last non-Nintendo game that I truly enjoyed and appreciated beyond mere gameplay-mechanics. Paraphrasing what Peter Brown what said on Gamespot, Trico is the most believable animal in videogame-history. I lost my pet four years ago, and I still miss her to this day. The Last Guardian was a game that made me feel like I was bonding with an animal once again. The context of the game provided a much deeper emotional connection than a game like Nintendogs could ever do.

Sometimes, I know I will have fun playing a Nintendo-game, but I think to myself, "What's the point?" Sometimes, fun is not enough, and I want something other than fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101