Every day is new in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Every day I boot up Breath of the Wild, I discover something new, learn something, and am further penning the book of my journey through the game by the things I do. It's remarkable.

I don't mean this pejoratively, but BotW may be the most casual game of all time because you can play it totally relaxed, without any pressure to do anything.

The lack of pressure really bothered me at first, but I grew to like it. At first, I felt like I was wasting time. I had spent hours in the game, but I didn't feel like I had accomplished anything. Now I welcome that. I don't need that feeling of accomplishment.

Other games are not very good or fun without that feeling of accomplishment, but the actual mechanics and gameplay in BotW are so sound, intuitive, polished, inventive, and fun, that merely playing the game is its own reward.

"Where do you want to go today?" used to be a slogan for Microsoft Windows '95, but it would fit perfectly with BotW as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101