Does true love preclude the ability to love something else?

I love Splatoon 1. I made videos about it and posted them on YouTube - something I don't do very much. I still play Splatoon 1 to this day; I prefer it over Splatoon 2. It got me thinking. Why don't I like Splatoon 2? Does true love of something preclude the ability to love something else?

I think there is something innate about Splatoon 1 - its development, its release-date, its dire situation on Wii U, and everything about the game itself, that I love. Although Splatoon 2 shares many of the attributes of Splatoon 1, it isn't the same, which is not a bad thing. The bad thing is that Splatoon 2, in my cases, is worse.

There are many people that prefer Splatoon 2 over Splatoon 1. When I hear them speak, I realize that most of these people did not love Splatoon 1 as I did. Of course, there are people who liked Splatoon 1 a lot, and also like Splatoon 2 a lot as well, but I have never met someone who had as deep and passionate a love of Splatoon 1 as I do. It is so deep and passionate that I find it very difficult to play Splatoon 2; I basically have to force myself by using my brain instead of following my heart. I say to myself that I have to at least beat single-player, or I should participate in Splatfest for the Super Sea Snails so I can increase the slots on my favorite Gear.

I have never loved another human being in a romantic way, but I can understand how if I loved someone entirely, it would be impossible to love another the same way or with the same intensity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101