Collecting amiibo was a mistake


Last week, I did what I had wanted to do for a long time: I shoved all my amiibo into my closet. I was tired of looking at them. It was sensory overload in my room with all the characters and colors everywhere. I couldn't take it anymore.

Now that I look back upon the amiibo-collecting phase in my life, I feel foolish. At the time, I was overcome with desire and adoration for the plastic things, but now I am filled with regret. I spent hundreds of dollars on these things, and it clashed against my inner nature.

I do not like living with a bunch of physical things. I prefer the simple, clean aesthetic that Apple portrays a lot. A lot of gaming-YouTubers shoot themselves in front of game-shelves, but I don't have the room for such shelves, and it would drive me crazy.

I came to an epiphany. The mind of a collector is coming from a standpoint of lack, insecurity, and inadequacy. The more you buy things from that mental standpoint, the more you feed it, and the more it never dies. There's also the fear of missing out, the desire to feel special, and the desire to feel better than others. As someone who experienced these emotions and mindsets first-hand, it's pathetic. If you are in the mindset of satisfaction, you won't collect. What you'll do is seek new experiences for your edification, and not dwell on the past and what you missed out on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101