Splatoon 2 Direct Thoughts


I was kind of disappointed that Splatoon 1's shopkeepers weren't making a return, with the exception of Sheldon and Crusty Sean in a different role. Then I thought about it some more, and I think it's a good thing that the Splatoon-team is being given the green light to be creative. It's kind of the opposite of what is happening right now with Paper Mario, where creativity is stifled and every NPC is a Toad.


I was delightfully surprised at the new firing-ranges, which can feature moving targets. This will be great for practicing, especially with Chargers. Battlefield 4 had a similar area called the Test Range, which also featured moving targets.


The Clash Blaster was a weapon I was very interested in after seeing it. I don't know for sure, but it seemed slightly faster than a Rapid Blaster. One thing's for sure, and that is that it will be fun to use.


Seeing the Baller Special Weapon made me very happy. I love the creative and wacky things the developers are coming up with. I thought they had reached the pinnacle of creativity in Splatoon 1, but they keep coming up with more.


The Splat Brella blew my mind and me exclaim "What?!" out loud. You can use it defensively by holding ZR, fire shots by tapping ZR, and do a dash forward after holding ZR for a long time. That dash triggers a cooldown, so after you use it, you can't open the Splat Brella for a little bit. I'm assuming you can't even block shots with it during this period.


I really loved this Inkling Girl's expression during the Splatfest bit. She looks so happy, and it really transfers over to me and makes me happy as well.


The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire was on March 24th to the 26th. I thought it was weird to hold a demo of a game that far from the actual launch of the game itself, and that Nintendo had missed a great opportunity to have the demo closer to the game's launch. What they announced, however, was even better than a Testfire.

The first Splatfest will be free for all NS-owners, hosted by the new musical-group: Off the Hook, starring Pearl and Marina. Its theme is Cake versus Ice Cream with Pearl on the side of Cake and Marina with Ice Cream. I know that Team Ice Cream will be more popular, so I chose Team Cake. This will mean shorter waiting-times in the lobby, and that I will probably never fight other Cake players. Ice Cream players will probably fight other Ice Cream players a lot.

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101