I'm not a competitive person.

What is a competitive person? I believe a competitive person is one who has an underlying feeling of inferiority, and it subconsciously drives him or her into constantly "proving" that he or she is better than other people.

I like to win things, sure, but it's not the only thing that drives me. Some people put winning above all else, to the detriment of their moral character; I do not. Even in a round of Turf War in Splatoon where I have no chance of winning in the final seconds, I will still try to win, because honor is more important to me than winning. If winning was my only goal, I would probably disconnect from a match that is lost.

Our economic and educational systems encourage competition, and to an extent, it is a good thing, but it also discourages people from being themselves. If you're average, it doesn't reward you. You have to be exceptional and rise to the top. You can't be like everyone else; you have to be different, even if you're not.
"It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game."
I used to be an exceptional student, and I was used to getting good grades and winning academic competitions, so I didn't understand this at the time. This mantra was created for the average people who could never win anything, but now I see that it's true, even for the winners.

If you win by cheating, stepping on others, or with an arrogant attitude, it's not really worth it. Let us all enjoy sportsmanship and competition with honor and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101