Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS are now Feature-Complete

It took two years and ten months, but Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Smash 4) is now feature-complete.

I always wanted to play the game with and against the amiibo of all fifty-eight characters, and now I finally can. I always felt the game was incomplete until all the amiibo came out, and last Friday, they finally did.

Super Smash Bros. used to be my favorite gaming-franchise. I hadn't really felt disappointed in Brawl like many other people. I embraced it for what it was. I was glad they took out advanced techniques like wavedashing, and that I could play online. Then, I got annoyed with tripping, and then the playerbase in Brawl got reduced to immature Taunt Party children.

Smash 4 was supposed to be Nintendo's redemption, and all signs seemed to point to that. They held an invitational-tournament during E3 in 2014 featuring some of the best players from Melee, Brawl, and Project M. What else could this mean, but that they were taking the competitive scene seriously?

The game, then, actually came out. The movement-speed and attack-speed were faster than in Brawl, but the post-move lag and landing-lag were just the same. Thus, it didn't even feel as fluid as Brawl, where everything was already slow, so the lags after moves and landing on platforms felt natural. Because of this dissonance, Smash 4 felt jerky and not fluid.

I still gave it a chance, and they brought back my favorite character - Mewtwo, so all was forgiven. I decided to try For Glory and it was more intense than I thought it would be. For practice, I wanted to practice against all the different matchups partly with amiibo, but I couldn't, because Nintendo hadn't released them all yet, but now I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101