The Brook Lopez Trade

This is old news, but I needed to put my feelings down. On June 22nd, 2017, Brook Lopez was traded, along with the rights to Kyle Kuzma (the 27th pick in the 2017 NBA draft), to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov.

I am a Nets-fan, so my thoughts are coming from the perspective of one.

Brook Lopez is one of the best centers in the league, is only 29 years old, and D'Angelo Russell is another point-guard. We already have Jeremy Lin. Why get another point-guard? In this post, I posited that Jeremy Lin is greater than his numbers. I think we have yet to see the best of Jeremy Lin. Someone said that Russell could play the 2, because he is 6' 5". Okay; I can buy that. To be honest, neither are true, pass-first point-guards, but I would put Lin at the 1 and Russell at the 2. It could work.

Maybe the Nets know something I don't. Maybe having two good guards is better than having one good guard and one good center.

Brook Lopez was the Nets' best player. He made the All-Star team in 2013. He is not old by any stretch of the imagination, but he is not a spring-chicken, either. Neither is Jeremy Lin. He is 28. I don't understand this trade. Brook and Lin had no trouble playing together, so it wasn't an issue of team-chemistry.

They also gave away their 27th pick, when they were already hemorrhaging picks.

The speed of the game is increasing, and ultimately, this may be for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101