Nintendo Direct Mini 1.11.2018

0:19 - The World Ends with You -Final Remix-
I was surprised that this was true. It was originally part of the kappa-rumor from reddit. I beat it before, when it was on DS and I really do not like this game. It has one annoying, repetitive music-track, and the sprites and animation are very flat and the whole look is not appealing.

1:25 - Pokkén Tournament DX DLC
I was very surprised with this one. Two new characters and four new support-characters? Unfortunately, the new two new characters aren't very cool. That is the main problem I have with Pokkén Tournament - most of the characters aren't cool, or even cute. Mewtwo, the most badass Pokemon on the planet, looks very weird in this game. The cute Pokemon like Emolga are relegated to support-characters in this game. I would have loved if they picked better Pokemon, or modeled them better.

2:21 - Kirby Star Allies
I didn't pay much attention to this one. Still not a fan of Kirby-games.

3:25 - Kirby Battle Royale & Dragon Quest Builders Demos
I was kind of excited for the Dragon Quest Builders Demo. Maybe I will give it a try one day.

3:44 - Hyrule Warriors Definitive Version
This one made me chuckle. Another port of a Wii U game. Hooray!

4:32 - Mario Tennis Aces
This one looked promising because Camelot received a lot of flak for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash not having a lot of single-player content, so of course the trailer showed us Story Mode.

5:28 - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
This one was a nice surprise. When's the last time an Ys-game showed up on a Nintendo-platform? The DS? I was surprised at how good the game looked. It looked like a Xenoblade-game with its open, 3D environments. I really liked the animated cutscenes; the characters look really good.

6:34 - Super Mario Odyssey Update - Luigi’s Balloon World
Super Mario Odyssey DLC? Not quite. This looks fun, but something I will probably not partake in.

7:41 - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
Emily Rogers was right about what she said, but another B-tier fighting-game for NS? Hooray?

8:40 - ACA NEOGEO ART OF FIGHTING 2
This was an amusingly shameless plug.

8:55 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC
I was pleasantly surprised when Donkey Kong showed up. The game is not very enjoyable, but at least the trailer looked cool. The in-game graphics are nowhere near as good.

9:51 - PAYDAY 2
This game looks ugly, and has a focus on online co-op. No thank you.

10:38 - Fe
The narrator pronounced the title incorrectly. It's pronounced fee-a. This might have been appealing, but is far less so in a post-Odyssey world.

11:12 - Celeste
Another pixelated, retro 2D platformer? No thank you.

11:48 - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Switch
This one made me cringe inside. Another port from Wii U. We don't know who is developing the port, but it may be Retro Studios themselves. Funky Kong is essentially an easy-mode, and it turned me off. The game wasn't too hard to begin with. If that's the only new thing to this port, then count me out.

12:50 - Dark Souls Remastered
GameXplain spoiled this surprise by uploading the trailer for this game before the Direct even hit, and so I unsubscribed from them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101