My Half-Hearted Current State In Gaming

Ever since the Wii U "died," I've been lost. I loved the Wii U, from concept to execution. It was Nintendo's first HD console, and it was what I wanted the Wii to be in the first place. I supported it wholeheartedly. I had an income for the first time in my life, and I used it to buy a lot of games and amiibo for it. I wanted Wii U to do well.

With Nintendo Switch, I cannot say the same. I never liked the idea of a hybrid-console because it would be underpowered as a console and too big to be a portable, and I was right. I get games for it almost begrudgingly. I have to justify and convince myself to buy a game.
 
"I'll get it, sure."
 
"It's portable." That's something I really care about, right?
 
"A new 3D Mario? Sure. I'll get it one day." That's the weird thing. If Super Mario Odyssey was on Wii U, I would have been totally on board with it from day-one. I reaonably assume, in fact, that it was in development for Wii U first.

I like the PS4 conceptually, but it doesn't have Nintendo's games, so my heart can never be fully in love with it.

It's the same with PC-gaming. Supporting PC-gaming is like supporting the New York Knicks. You know they'll never win a championship as long as James Dolan owns the team. PC-gaming is going to be around for a long time, but as long as it's very difficult to assemble them or expensive to purchase, it won't be the main platform for games.

Maybe I'm being a hypocrite. People hated games on Wii U simply because they were on Wii U. They didn't even give the games a chance because of their hatred for the console, and that's asinine. Am I being the same way, but for NS? I need to change and give games on NS more of a fair shake and put my personal desires (that will never be fulfilled) aside. Nintendo is like a transgender being who recently discovered he or she was transgender, finally went through with gender-confirmation surgery, and is now on hormones. Instead of wanting them to be like they were in the '80s and '90s, I should be happy for them in the present.

Love transcends self,  realizes the truth of each soul, and wants what is best for everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101