Charice Pempengco AKA Jake Zyrus

Charice Pempengco is a great singer who last year, transitioned to being a transgender-man, and adopted a new name: Jake Zyrus.

I remember as a child I lived in a tall apartment-building, and the family next door had two biological females that were older than me by about five years. One was a tomboy, and her name was Ellen, and another was clearly a classic, heterosexual girl. I remember I used to call Ellen using the pronoun "he" a lot, after which my sister would quickly try to correct me and say "she." Thinking back now, I was probably the correct one. Ellen was probably a male at heart. She liked videogames, and had great chemistry with the other boys in the apartment-building, including me. She kept her hair short, and I was just very comfortable with her.

Charice was a legendary, biologically-female singer who could sing anything you threw at her. Now that she decided to take testosterone, she has lost her vocal range, and many people on YouTube are very sad, but that is being selfish. A lot of them are Filipinos who probably had a lot of national pride in her, and now that she doesn't have a world-class voice, they feel like it was a waste of talent for her to take testosterone and become a transgender-man.

That is immature. We should be happy for Jake and celebrate whenever people get one step closer to true happiness. Charice did a lot for the world with her success. She was an Asian singer that was as good as anyone from any race. Now that he is a man, he can continue to do great things for the world, especially Asian males. How many Asian male singers that primarily record in English are there in mainstream America? I can't think of a single one. If Jake can find his masculine singing-voice and record a fantastic album, he will do much good for the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101