Game-Collectors: The Next Generation

When we usually think of game-collectors, we usually think of people who collect physical games. They have shelves full of games and film their YouTube-videos in front of them. With the paradigm shifting toward digital games, however, a new breed of collector is slowly looming on the horizon: the digital-game collector.
 
The most prevalent of these is the Steam-user with hundreds of games. He or she will buy lots of games and never play them, because they are cheap. Steam-sales are still very popular and eagerly-anticipated. I used to think I was done with Steam-sales, but after you stop buying games for a while, you feel the magnetic pull toward Steam-sales once again in a year or two.

As opposed to Steam-games, I was more of a digital-game collector with regards to Nintendo-platforms. I bought a 2TB hard-drive for my Wii U and slowly I amassed a massive library of games. I also decided to go digital on my 3DS. I bought microSD-cards and it was nice having games playable without having to swap cartridges.

With physical space being a serious issue on my end, I think I have leaned more toward being a digital-game collector. I always mean to play the games I buy, but time is also a serious limiting-factor. Either way - whether you are a physical-game collector or a digital-game collector, never have regret, guilt, or shame. Love embrace, and embrace your hobby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101