Patience: My Greatest Strength and Weakness

"Patience is a virtue," they say, but is it really? You can definitely be too patient for your own good. Let's say you want something to happen. Instead of acting to get it done, you might wait for it to get done on its own. This may or may not be the right call, depending on the situation.

Some people could be more patient. In public businesses, like restaurants, impatience often doesn't pay off. Employees are busy and have a queue of tasks to fulfill before your own, so nagging them incessantly is actually counterproductive. I, on the other hand, often have to tell myself to not be so patient.

Applied to videogames, I have stopped being patient with Nintendo and Nintendo Switch. I have decided that they're never going to change. They will never put a priority on third-party support or even what gamers want. Their library is going to consist of first-party titles and indie-games. Instead of waiting another generation for what I want from them, I have pursued what I want from other companies. I have rediscovered my PS4, and am loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101