Children

Last month, my sister visited her childhood-home with her two children. Having two children around is certainly interesting and energetic, but it feels like a digression. I spent my whole life maturing, that having these immature people around felt like they were dragging me back with them. Sure, childhood is a wondrous time of imagination, but I don't want to, nor need to go back to those times. Adulthood is better overall.

I also work part-time with children. Some are very smart from a physical standpoint; their brains are quick and sharp. You can see with some other children, however, that their brains are holding them back. They're just slower and not as productive. My job is high-stress and fast-paced, so it does not give me the tools I need to deal with mentally slower children, meaning I need a lot of time with them but the job does not give me the time I need. It is easy to teach a smart child. Teaching a slower child requires patience and a positive perspective. I try to think of them as simply smart people trapped in brains of slow children. If you don't judge children as better or worse than each other, it is beneficial to all parties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101