Nintendo Switch Nindies Showcase Summer 2017

Super Meat Boy Forever
This game looked better than Super Meat Boy, because it had a cuter premise to it. I have always been disgusted by Super Meat Boy's blood-and-guts theme, but this sequel might be tolerable.

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
I respect Yacht Club Games for delivering their Kickstarter-goals, but I am not interested in this expansion, playing as a goofy king with a big head. Specter Knight is my favorite and I don't need to play as any other Knight. Also, I am glad that this game's development will be ending soon. I'm sure Yacht Club Games wants to work on something different, and I want to see what else they can come up with next.

Mom Hid My Game
ChiGuy on YouTube mentioned this, but games of this quality should not be featured in a major hardware-manufacturer's video showcasing its best indie titles.

Golf Story
This game is visually appealing, and full of things to do, and I know that people that like Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley will like this game. It is not for me, however.

Floor Kids
Floor Kids is another insult by developers to what they think Nintendo's demographic is. You would never see a game called Floor Kids on PS4 or Xbox One.

Wulverblade
I don't like games that use vector-animation as is used in Flash. This game looks like Has Been Heroes, Alien Hominid, or Odin Sphere, with the characters' arms rotating on their bodies like a lever.

Poly Bridge
A bridge-building game. I am sure it will find its niche.

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
This game looked interesting, except that it's yet another 2D puzzle-plat.

Earth Atlantis
I don't agree with having a colorless aesthetic. It looks bad, and comes off as lazy.

Next Up Hero
This game looks like a top-notch smartphone-game.

SteamWorld Dig 2
I have never liked SteamWorld. It tries to combine steampunk and cuteness, and it doesn't work.

Mulaka
This game reminds me of Shelter, with its low-poly look.

Yono and the Celestial Elephants
This game looks cute, but I probably won't buy it.

Dragon Marked For Death
This was the first game in this video that got me excited. Inticreates is creating a 2D, multiplayer, action-RPG. I don't like the genre, but I might give this one a shot.

Battle Chef Brigade
This game almost looks visually as bad as Mom Hid My Game.

Morphies Law
This game pissed me off. Prior to the trailer, Damon Baker was talking about genres that were missing on NS, and immediately First Person Shooters came to mind, but this was a third-person shooter. NS already has a good third-person shooter: Splatoon 2.

Sausage Sports Club
This looks like another local multiplayer game developed by Westerners, kind of like Undercooked. I don't have friends, so this game doesn't appeal to me. Even if I did have friends, I would rather play Mario Kart.

Light Fingers
Another local multiplayer game. Not interested.

Nine Parchments
A poor man's Diablo. I'd rather play Diablo.

Travis Strikes Again
The best game of the video. Later on after the video, on the internet, we learned more about it, but there was never anyone saying that the graphics weren't in real-time, but maybe it wasn't. If you look at the view-counts for each of the trailers, this one wins by far. What does that tell you, Nintendo? We don't want hand-me-downs from Steam. We are not just families playing local multiplayer. Give us a variety of games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101