Console-Fanchildism: By Choice Or By Circumstance

Many children develop into fanchildren of certain videogame-companies or videogame-consoles by circumstance. They can't have every videogame-console they desire, and so they will become fanchildren of the things they own.

However, as we move into adulthood and can afford whatever we want, we sometimes fall into the same trap of fanchildism that we experienced as children. I know I did. I got a Wii U in early Q1 of 2013 and I loved it. Eventually, I bought an Xbox One as well as a PS4, but I loved Wii U so much that I ignored those two systems.

After a few months of punishing myself with the terrible lineup of games on NS, I decided to rediscover my PC and PS4, and have been extraordinarily happy.

Let us eschew fanchildism. Let us stop punishing ourselves. Let us play the games we want to play, and let us be happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101