Enjoying life rather than recording it and enjoying it later

Last year, I dabbled in making videos for YouTube. I would record gameplay of me playing Splatoon for the purposes of later grabbing clips from it and then editing it into a video. I didn't do much editing, and it still was a lot of work. I learned a lot from the whole experience.

Playing games for the purpose of making videos took a lot of the fun and freedom out of the game. What I was doing was getting footage of splats (or "kills" as they are called in other games), and so I would go out of my way to get splats, even though that playstyle wasn't really in my true nature as a person or a gamer. It made the gaming-experience a little more stressful, a little more like work, and less like play. After a while, I resented playing my favorite multiplayer-game of all time. I decided that I would cover all the weapons in the game, and then I would quit. I wanted to finish what I started.

Recording while gaming is like going on a vacation and taking pictures constantly. It's annoying and takes the fun out of it. I hate it when I go on vacation, a wedding, or even a simple restaurant, and my family wants to constantly take pictures. It completely ruins the experience. In this world and economy of no jobs, I have thought of doing YouTube or Twitch, but knowing that doing those things will make me hate my favorite pastime, has stopped me from doing so.

Let us enjoy life rather than record it and enjoy it later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101