A part of me died with Wii U

I don't have that same fire with Switch that I did with Wii U. I was in love with Wii U. I had a steady income for the first time ever, and so I bought a lot of games for it; and played many hours on it. I don't have that same passion with NS.

I did spend an inordinate amount of money during Wii U's lifespan. I bought two 3DSes, two Wii Us, more amiibo than I'm proud of, some physical games, and many more digital games. Perhaps I simply do not want to spend the kind of money again, on NS, like I did with Wii U.

There is also, however, the matter of ports. Ports must be two generations removed for them to be tolerable. A port of a Super Mario World was fine on Game Boy Advance because the two versions were sandwiched by Nintendo 64. Full remakes can be one generation apart. Resident Evil on PlayStation was remade the following generation, but it was such a substantial leap that it was very welcome. There were too many ports from Wii U to NS early on. I felt burned. I felt like Nintendo was defecating on my face. I understand why they did it, but I felt abandoned. I was the old boyfriend that they dumped, and they wanted all the new people.

The graphical jump was also not there. Usually a new generation of hardware brings with it a substantial leap in graphical prowess. There wasn't one going from Wii U to NS. I can't get excited about a new generation of hardware if it doesn't provide a substantial leap in graphics.

I sit here today, lost. My Nintendo-fanchild is all but dead. Instead of booting up my NS daily, I have been playing Tales of Phantasia on PlayStation, and I'm close to beating it. Perhaps this is for the best. It was nice and cozy in the pews of The Church of Nintendo, but I guess my buttocks started to hurt. Those pews were hard. I had to do what was best for myself - grow up and mature from fanchild to man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101