Nintendo Switch Nindies Showcase Spring 2018 Reaction




0:14 - Damon Baker Introduction
It was very nice to see Damon Baker again. He has a nice voice, and is a nice person.

0:55 - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
This game looked interesting, but they didn't show any gameplay, assuming everyone knew what it was already, because it is "remastered."

1:37 - Kirk Scott Introduction
It was interesting to see another person on a Direct at the same time. It was interesting to see the dynamic of two people interacting with each other instead of one just monologuing. Seeing this new guy, I thought that this guy was probably the technical guy and Damon was more of the spokesperson for Nintendo's independent-games relations.

2:00 - Fantasy Strike
This started off promisingly, but then it revealed itself to be an ugly mix of polygonal graphics, cel-shading, and too much texture-work. Cel-shaded games look better with very plain textures. If the textures are too detailed, it just looks ugly - like taking a 3D model and putting a black outline around it.

2:39 - Just Shapes & Beats
I had no feelings about this game.

3:11 - Garage
I thought the overhead view of the character was unappealing. It reminded me of Boxing on the Atari 2600.

3:47 - Pool Panic
I had no feelings about this game.

4:25 - Bomb Chicken
This game looked very good. I don't want to play it, but it looked very nice, like a 32-bit era 2D platformer.

4:59 - LUMINES REMASTERED
I kind of groaned inside. Another port. I have a PSP and had no desire to play this game, and still don't. Maybe the reason people don't play a certain game is because they do not want to, and not because they don't have the system that it's on.

5:35 - Reigns: Kings and Queens
I had no feelings about this game.

6:11 - Light Fall
"Another Meatboy-clone," I thought.

7:53 - West of Loathing
This game made me smile, and almost laugh.

8:31 - Pode
I appreciated how he pronounced the game, seemingly correctly. Poo-da. It's another game from Europe - this time, Norway. Other than the name, it was not memorable.

9:10 - The Messenger
This game started off promising, but it slowly made me long for the real Ninja Gaiden more. Why play an inferior copy of the great games?

9:51 - Bad North
I had no feelings about this game.

10:22 - The Banner Saga 3
I was expecting something better for the last game of the video. I didn't know what the gameplay was from the video. Was it a digital novel, RPG, or strategy-game?

Overall, I was obviously disappointed, and have fallen even more out of love with Nintendo and their weak Nintendo Switch. I will crawl back into my cave of retro-gaming. Farewell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101