My Theory on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch

For a long time, I have thought that this game would be a port of Smash 4. It makes sense. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was an enhanced port, so why not Smash?

I also thought that Sakurai was sick of making Smash, so I figured he would take the easy way out and port Smash 4, not that a port is easy, but it would be easier than making a new game. A port of Smash 4 would be sufficient to satisfy our desires to play Smash on NS. What I didn't take into consideration is the fact that Sakurai is a workaholic and a genius. He would probably not be satisfied with a simple, enhanced port.

I believe that Super Smash Bros. for NS will be more of a sequel than a port. To say that each game in the series is a brand-new game built entirely from scratch is not true; there are certainly ideas and assets that transfer over from game to game.

If you look at the silhouette of the characters in the trailer, there aren't too many of them. I don't think this was a random silhouette. I think this will be the starting roster for the game, expandable with unlocks and DLC. I think they're improving the 3D models for this game. More polygons, and better textures and effects are probably in the pipeline. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped 8-player Smash because the NS advertises 4-player gameplay a lot, and not having to account for 8 simultaneous players will allow the developers to improve the 3D models. It will be optimized for the NS's Tegra X1. It will be a new, or newly optimized engine for the SoC. Simply, it will look better than the Wii U game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101