Game-Buying Binge Featuring Doom, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Gunbird

After deciding I didn't need to torture myself with not buying games for a year, I decided to buy Enter the Gungeon on Thursday. Then, on Sunday, I decided to buy Doom for Nintendo Switch as well.

I didn't fully realize this beforehand, but Doom is a very fast-paced first-person shooter, meaning that it is best played with a keyboard and mouse. Playing with a controller was a nightmare, and I reduced the game's difficulty to its minimum. I still think you can play slow-paced FPSes like Alien Isolation with a controller. I realized, after playing Doom on NS, that I like the game, but I'd rather play the game on PC with a keyboard and mouse, and so I purchased the game on Steam. It is downloading as I write this.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was another game I wanted to buy from the moment it came out. With my resolution abolished, I purchased it. I played the game for an hour or so. So far, it is heavy on dialogue and tutorials. I believe that, after a while, this game will get good. It's just going to take a while, and that's fine. One of these days, I will want to bury my face in a good, long, RPG.

Super Mario Odyssey was the biggest surprise. I still don't like the way Mario looks, but the game is fantastic. Playing Yooka Laylee and then playing this - the difference is like night and day. Super Mario Odyssey is so much better. It controls much better, the camera is much better, the levels are bigger and has more secrets in them, and it looks better. I was wrong for hating on this game.

Finally, we have Gunbird. I used to play this on MAME all the time. It is a great port. You can turn off visual filters, it has TATE-mode, you can remap buttons, and you can configure the settings like the number of continues and difficulty. I would call this a cute-em-up. It's a fun 2D shooter with a lot of replayability. I can't wait for Gunbird 2 to come out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101