Vanquish Demo Impressions

Yeah, I was very disappointed in this game. It took me 26 minutes to beat it, most of it on the final form of the boss. I didn't know you were supposed to use ARS to beat it, so I would go in and out of cover and fire for a few seconds, only to wait much longer under cover until it stopped firing at me. It was so tedious, and the NPCs were absolutely worthless, save for one who gave me ammo. The graphics look sick in trailers, but it didn't look sick IRL. The voice acting was so bad, especially Sam Gideon's. I don't like him as a character either: a white, former jock quarterback who smokes cigarettes? Um, no thanks. That totally doesn't appeal to me. If this game had multiplayer, it'd be much better, but of course it doesn't. I can't see this game offering anything more than a $20 bargain bin experience of playing it once and forgetting about it. It doesn't have the inventory system of a Resident Evil 4 or 5. It seems to have a weapon upgrade system, but it doesn't seem to have an armor/health upgrade system. There's no currency so these upgrades would have to be found via exploration. I was very hopeful for this game, but at this point, I don't think it's better than Gears of War, Resident Evil 5 or Mass Effect 2.

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101