Cave Story+ First Impressions (Nintendo Switch)


I'm just having a lot of fun playing this game. I originally bought and beat it on 3DS. I bought the DSiWare-version of the game, and it ran at the original DS's 256 × 192 resolution.

The second time I bought it was the updated version on 3DS with 16:9 aspect-ratio. I never beat that version.

This was the third time I bought Cave Story, and I am swearing to myself that it will be the last.

I've been getting the same feelings I got when I first played the DSiWare-version of this game. It feels nostalgic, comfortable, soothing, hopeful, and joyful. These are strange words to describe a videogame, but it's true. I was born in 1982, so I grew up during the NES's heyday, and this game really brings out the good feelings of that era.

This has been a great two weeks starting with the beginning of E3, the reveal of two Metroids, the release of ARMS, Cave Story+, and Ever Oasis on Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101