What is the point of looking for new games to play?

After getting my Everdrives, in particular the one for my NES, I've been looking for that hidden gem that I would fall in love with. I watched YouTube-videos and stuff, and I found some good games, but nothing really made me fall in love with it to the point where I had to keep playing that game until I beat it.

Then just a little earlier, I loaded up Super Mario Bros. 3 again. Holy cow. This game is still good. Even though I've played the first stage a million times, it's still fun and fills me with joy. Is it just nostalgia? I think it's part of it, but I think it's just a brilliantly crafted game. Everything from how colorful it is, to the music, the world-map, to the mechanics - everything is fun.

So why do we keep looking for that great new game to play? We can just go back to our favorites and replay those. Life would be so much easier, but it wouldn't be as fun either. There was a time when our all-time favorites were brand-new. We want that feeling of playing a game that will become an all-time favorite, all over again. I recently had that feeling with The Last Guardian. What a masterpiece!

Life is about balance, and when I can't find a great new game to play, I can rest knowing that I can go back to an old friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101