Nintendo Switch - The Great Rehash-Machine





Tomorrow Corporation announced that three old games will be coming to Nintendo Switch on launch-day: World of Goo, Little Inferno, and Human Resource Machine. All three titles have already previously been on other Nintendo-consoles. World of Goo was on Wii, and the other two were on Wii U.

This is becoming a little much, no? I feel like Wii U was one big Early Access project - a beta-machine. We're getting port after port after port. I'm happy for people who never owned Wii U, but what about the people who did?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Although I'm really digging the box-cover, it's essentially the same game with a few extras. You know why I was excited for Mario Kart 8? The HD-graphics; the new anti-grav mechanic. These things are no longer new. Again, I know most people on earth haven't experienced MK8 before, but I have. Also, I know I don't have to buy this game again, but my point is, they could have been working on another game instead of porting this one. Even though I haven't played MK8 in months, I don't feel like playing MK8D would bring me excitement. Like I mentioned earlier, the HD-graphics were the big selling-point for me. This was the first game where I thought that Nintendo had truly made the jump to HD. Nintendo Land had high polygon-counts, but it used Miis extensively, which aren't very graphically demanding or impressive. Pikmin 3 looked nice in HD, but it just seemed like an HD-version of the Pikmin-games on Gamecube. Wind Waker HD. Gorgeous, but once again, was building off a Gamecube-base. Mario Kart 8 really wowed me. I remember saying "Wow" out loud when I first played some of the tracks. I won't be getting that feeling again with MK8D. Maybe with MK9.

I'm not saying that every other console is immune to ports. It just feels like NS has a little bit more, especially as far as the percentage of games is concerned. There aren't many games announced for it, and so when a high percentage of the games announced is ports, it's very disturbing.

Splatoon 2 seems like it could be a really full-fledged sequel, but it won't be that mind-blowing thing I played back in 2015. Where was that surprise? I know we got 1-2 Switch, and ARMS, but where was the good surprise at the Switchmas-event?

I could go on and on but my point wasn't to list every rehash coming out for NS. It was to vent my frustration. Maybe next year, we will have less rehashes, but then again, that's probably when we'll be getting Smash 4 all over again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101