Should Star Fox Zero have had online multiplayer?

Of course, it would have been better if Star Fox Zero had online multiplayer. Of course it would have widened the appeal of Star Fox. But that is not the point. There is a finite amount of time and resources Nintendo could have put into the Star Fox Zero project. Adding online multiplayer would probably have added at least a year to development-time. It would have come out on the NX. Would we have wanted that? I don't know about you, but I would not.

This brings me to my next point, which is what do I want from Star Fox? I do not want a generic, online multiplayer shooter like Star Wars Battlefront. Maybe that's what some other people want, but not me. Star Fox Zero was precisely the game I wanted, which was a reimagining of the origins of the Star Fox franchise with new control-mechanics that utilized the GamePad, all with breathtaking new graphics.

This is why Nintendo needs third-parties on their platform. If Wii U had Star Wars Battlefront, Nintendo-fans wouldn't feel the desire for Star Fox to be something it is not. Nintendo does not want to turn Star Fox into Battlefront, and I don't want them to do something just for the sake of being like everyone else or appeasing fans. This is why Nintendo needs third-party support to take a lot of pressure off them to conform, and give them more creative freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101