I Prefer Twilight Princess On Wii

I despise how the peanut gallery, with enough vociferation, can become the "general consensus" of the internet. Case in point: Twilight Princess.

Twilight Princess was excellent on Wii. The motion-controls did not detract from the experience, were not difficult to execute, but instead edified the experience and made it more immersive.

Skyward Sword's motion-controls did detract from the experience, were difficult to excute, and instead of making it more immersive, which was the goal, made me focus on the mechanics of how precisely to use the controller to execute what I wanted to execute; this was the opposite of immersion.

I played the Gamecube-version first, because I could not find a Wii. Although there's nothing wrong with it, the Wii-version was better because on the Wii-version, you could map one more item to the plus-pad on the Wii-remote, aiming was motion-based and more intuitive and smooth; swinging the Wii-remote to swing the sword was fun and immersive, and swinging the nunchuk to do a spin-move was much easier to execute than a 360 on the control-stick.

So when I started playing TPHD on Wii U, I was shocked at how much I missed the Wii-version. I had wanted to play TP around the holidays but abstained to wait for the HD-version; I wish I had not waited. At least I got a cool amiibo...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101