I'm not really feeling it (my feelings on the termination of Alison Rapp).

By now, we have learned about the termination of Alison Rapp from Nintendo of America. Other than the obvious things, I would like to write about how this has affected me personally.

I remember first seeing Alison Rapp at Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 2014. She has the best laugh at the Treehouse, hands down.

Eventually, I discovered Twitter and followed her. I even participated in her 24-hour Extra Life gaming-marathon charity-event and became the highest donor. It was taking a long time to receive my donation-incentive reward so I tweeted to her about it and she responded quickly. After that, she favorited a few of my tweets as well. It felt nice to be acknowledged.

Her termination this past week has triggered mixed feelings about the situation. On one hand, I was sad for Alison Rapp, and indeed all NoA employees. Who knows if Erik Peterson was also terminated for similarly unjust reasons (although I suspect he was Trevelyan's source)? Chris Pranger was also terminated last year for speaking on a podcast about Nintendo. He didn't deserve it. It seems like NoA hands out terminations like coins in a Mario-game. I severely dislike NoA at the moment, and it's ruining my life.

I can't enjoy my favorite game to its fullest right now. Splatoon usually brings me joy and satisfaction when I splat someone with ink, but not today. The launch of Miitomo should make me happy, but it really doesn't. Its music annoys me and angers me. What is wrong with me? The developers in Japan had nothing to do with Rapp's termination but NoA and NCL are linked somehow. I can't seem to sever that link and enjoy Nintendo right now. A deep, dark part of me wants to destroy my amiibo and Wii U.

Nintendo of America, you went too far, cowering under the pressure of social terrorists. I may forgive you one day, but I will never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101