The Sanctity Of Information (Nintendo NX Leaks)

As much as I like leaks, part of me wishes that they didn't happen. There was a new leaker in the last few days. He goes by the alias desmotor on reddit. So assuming he's for real, why does he, and people like him (Trevelyan's source) want to spoil surprises for the rest of us?

Of course, it is my prerogative to ignore the internet and not search for NX-rumors. It's my own fault, and a paradox. I want to know more, but would rather wait until Christmas-morning to open my presents; at the same time, I'm drawn to the flame like a moth.

I guess they're assuming that only the hardcore fans will read reddit about NX so they're not damaging a large portion of the fanbase. I guess all I'm wishing for is a middle-ground: for leaks to happen by accident and then hastily and subsequently deleted.

I'm going to guess that Erik Peterson was Trevelyan's source; I really liked him. Which leads me to the question of how do firings occur at NoA? Does the Japanese leadership have a say? It seems very harsh. I remember Chris Pranger was fired for going on a podcast and saying some tame things. The leaker in question seeks to quit his job at Nintendo next year because he doesn't feel respected, and things became worse after the recent firing of Trevelyan's source. Is the situation at NoA that harsh that people feel like lashing back? Instead of trying to damage Nintendo, how about thinking about all the people that will be spoiled by the leaks?

It's kind of like the 2001 film, La Pianiste. In it, a single, female, concupiscent, sexually frustrated, 30 to 40-something (years of age) piano-teacher told her lover of a violent rape-fantasy of hers. One day, he actually unexpectedly fulfills that "request" and she realizes that it's not what she wanted after all. This situation is certainly not as escalated as that, but the underlying philosophy is the same. We think we want something until we actually get it; or what we get isn't what he wanted. We all want info on NX, but not actual information that is leaked. Stuff like the fake controller was awesome because it wasn't real but for a second, we might have believed it.

We all want a grand, official, unveiling-ceremony for the NX and nothing to have been spoiled. Perhaps leaks are our own fault. We desire the information, so some of the people with it feel it's okay to deliver what people think they want. I hope that people like this realize what kind of power they have, and exercise more self-control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101