Nintendoomed?

With the rumors of PS4 Neo and XB1 Scorpio out there, is NX doomed?

Short answer: no.

Here is my opinion: NX, as I wanted it to be, might be doomed. I wanted NX to be the Dreamcast of its time, a console that was the most powerful for a year, gathering hardcore gamers in droves. To be clear, Wii U's analogue is the Saturn; not the Dreamcast. But with Neo and Scorpio seemingly coming out with more power than their older siblings, it seems like now there's little to no chance that NX will be the most powerful system out.

Is Nintendo doomed if this scenario occurs? Of course not, but my personal dream-scenario, where NX was the most powerful until PS5 and XB2 came out, is likely to go up in flames.

Personal dream-scenario criterion #2 was extensive third-party support. NX could still get third-party support if they go with x86 for the home-console, but I doubt they will. It will probably be ARM for both home-console and handheld.

I don't want to have to have two gaming-platforms anymore. I'm sick of buying physical consoles and upgrading PCs. I just want to get a Nintendo every 5 years or so, and be done with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101