Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor Review from a Car-Noob



I have a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE. I like it when a product-review is very specific, so in case any fellow 2012 Camry Hybrid LE owners are out there, rest assured, this product works perfectly for your vehicle.

As one would assume from the title of this review, I am a car-noob. So after receiving my first (and only, so far) warning-light for this vehicle (which was for my tire-pressure), I panicked. I looked in the manual and went to the gas station as I thought I was supposed to do. I was taken aback that usage of the air-machine there was not free, and so I put in the requisite dollar's worth in quarters into the air-machine. I was so lost. There was no pressure gauge. There were a bunch of numbers on the inside left of my car, and I didn't know what was what. I aimlessly put in some air into my front-left tire before the time on the air-machine ran out. I called my dealer. He told me not to worry and to just wait until the 5000-mile maintenance-service. I took his advice, but I was always uneasy. Everything was okay for a couple of months, but then I began to see my MPG slowly going down. With a little more than 1000 miles to go until my maintenance-service, I decided I wasn't going to wait.

When I first held the oversized Amazon box that came in the mail, the weight did not seem too confidence-inspiring. Then I held the actual box inside the oversized box it was housed in. I was impressed from the moment I looked at the box and further so as I held it. "Ah. This feels substantial," I thought.

Everything seems well-designed and well-constructed. It's easy to operate as well. The operating instructions are nice and succinct. I just popped the power adapter into my cigarette power-adapter thingie, and gave my tires some love like I did with my bicycle pump during childhood (for inflating bicycle-tires and balls). I have read that this portable air-compressor in general is quiet compared to others, but I would still advise people to operate this machine during the daytime so as not to disturb as many of your neighbors.

I am so glad I decided to purchase this product. I am very relieved that the tire-pressure warning light is gone. I feel accomplished, after having filled my tires with air for the first time. I look forward to seeing my MPG numbers go up after my next drive. I feel safer and more independent knowing that I can fill my own tires with gas without having to go to a gas-station.

Tips for my fellow noobs:
Look for the PSI numbers (usually left of the driver's seat on the inside of your car, and not on the door irself). It stands for Pounds per Square Inch. There are usually 2 PSI numbers. The lower number is the one you care about. It is usually between 30 and 35 PSI (mine was 35) and universal for all 4 of your tires. The higher one is for the spare tire in your trunk (mine was 60 PSI).

Screw the air-thingie onto your tire-nozzle using the gold part of the end. You will know it's securely on when the tire-pressure gauge goes up. Now you can start filling your tires with air. Remember to turn it off to check your tire-pressure.

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101