Desire Is The Source Of Suffering And How It Relates To Nintendo Switch

Although Teal Swan, the Spiritual Catalyst says there's nothing wrong with desire, I've always thought that desire was one of the prime sources of suffering. Unless you receive that which you desire so much, you will suffer. Also, even if you receive that which you have desired, it is highly likely that you will desire something anew and repeat this cycle of suffering. How does this relate to Nintendo Switch?

Many of us in #TeamAMD suffered because we wanted a powerful, dedicated home-console, but we instead got a hybrid that was a compromise between portable and home-console. Throughout the lifespan of Wii U, I wanted AAA third-party support on-par with what Microsoft and Sony got.

As a Nintendo-fan, I still remember when Nintendo was proud and tried to compete. I want that Nintendo to come back. Now, I feel like they are cowering with their tails between their legs, and not being the men and women they could truly be, content on being a niche company.

I do not predict NS to do exceedingly well. I feel it will sell 50 million units total, but it won't be as successful at 3DS. Why? It will be more expensive, and have less appeal to children. It is a little too big and it's unappealing aesthetically.

How does a gamer that is primarily a Nintendo-fan survive in this harsh landscape? By eschewing desire. You know when the latest AAA-game on everything but a Nintendo-system comes out? Either ignore it, or just buy it on another platform. There's no point in hoping that it comes to the current Nintendo-platform because it probably won't happen. I wasted three years of my life hoping in vain, buying games I didn't want, in the possibility that third-parties would port their games to Wii U. It didn't happen. I'm done with it. I don't care anymore. I don't want anymore.

It's a passive way to live, but it probably is the most serene and sane. Let go of desire, and maybe what you get may become what you want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101