Interactive Memory 3/24

This is a week full of interesting releases - okay, only two off the top of my head: Bloodborne and Remember Me: Episode 2; I mean Life is Strange - Episode 2. Episode 1 was really interesting and I didn't replay it fully; I did replay the asshole-dad scene until I got as close to the thing I wanted. I couldn't get everything I wanted. This would be interesting played all at once or like once a week. On the plus-side, this is evidence that they are actually developing it and then releasing it, as opposed to what Capcom seemed to do with RER2, which was to make the game and then split it up so that you had to buy a Season Pass or each episode separately. I couldn't give much less of a darn about Bloodborne. But for PS4-owners, this might finally be the first good new-gen game that has both good graphics and lasting gameplay.

Mario Party 10 came and went. I don't want to buy it because there's no online multiplayer, and I don't have friends in real life. I don't see a point in buying it, especially when Digital Deluxe Promotion is long over. That said, if I did have friends, or it had online play, I would want to play this.

I played a bit of Titanfall yesterday. I encountered a hacker or a really good player; I'm erring on the side of hacker. He or she used an Amped 97, but he also seemed to have wallhacks and aimbot. He was 18 and 0 before I quit. His or her team also controlled all 3 hardpoints. Thankfully, all the Variety Pack lobbies have players in it so if there's a pubstomping team in one, I can join another.

We still don't know what Tantalus is porting to Wii U.

Famitsu said there's a major announcement coming in their next issue. Being as it's a Japanese magazine, it might be of a game or games that never make it over here. If it's a single-player Dragon Quest, there's a good chance it will come over. It's sad that the MMO DQX didn't push Wii U sales, but then again, it was an MMO. If DQX was single-player, who knows how many Wii Us would have sold.

I finally listened to the NVC podcast that talked about mobile and NX; it wasn't as bad as I feared. I had a problem with Mitch Dyer saying Wii launched at $200 but I'm over it. Francisco didn't leave a good first impression upon his first spoken words, but in the end, he provided very detailed knowledge about the mobile platforms that the other two didn't have. They all echoed my desires that we don't want another gimmicky console. This is what I fear, but it might be Iwata putting a red herring out there, or setting us up for a complete reversal so that NX is the N7 I desperately want. Twilight Princess was called Wind Waker 2 before E3 2004. Saying NX is a "brand-new concept" might be just Iwata throwing us off when in reality, they might be doing what they should have done, and that is make a developer-friendly, powerful system at the cheapest price, with no gimmicks.

I got the S.E.L.F.I.E. camera in WoW but not the upgrade which has the filters.

I haven't had the desire to play Ori after finding all the Cells.

I resumed my mission of getting the Sai-Fon in Bayonetta. This morning, I started counting how many times I beat a Chapter. I guess-timated that I had 70 playthroughs done, so I started from there. I do want to move on to Bayonetta 2, but I think Bayonetta 1 deserves more love. I want to at least unlock everything. Getting Pure Platinum Awards on every Chapter on every Difficulty is too much, but if I could control time, I would think about doing that. Also getting all the achievements is not on my radar, although I would like to in an ideal world.

Trine Enchanted Edition came and I bought and downloaded it, but after having played Ori, it sadly doesn't look as good. Ori has really spoiled me on 2D artsy puzzle-plats. The Moon Studios devs said they wanted to make Ori plushies as well, but I don't know if that will actually happen.

Besides Xenoblade 3D, there is no other game by Nintendo in April. This would be a good time for indies. There are a lot of games yet to come out: Assault Android Cactus, Affordable Space Adventures.

Bayonetta as a character is very beautiful but the game is so dark and colorless. The gameplay is fun but the game is hampered by having a cohesive storyline and setting, as opposed to a game like Star Fox 64 which had a variety of different settings. Some people might like a cohesive storyline and setting, but I'd rather have a nonsensical or nonexistent story with varied environments.

Popular posts from this blog

White Japanese Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad (Controller) Review HSS-0137

"Retrotek SCART to Component Converter" Review (SCBV1P3)

Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn Controller Review HSS-0101